Dominguez Memorial Seminary

In 1922, the Dominguez family donated the Dominguez Rancho to the Claretians. This first major gift to the Claretians allowed them to open and later build a seminary for the nascent American congregation in 1924. The first building, the Dominguez Memorial Seminary was dedicated in 1927. As a center for multiple levels of Claretian formation, Del Amo Seminary, opened in 1942 on a site directly West of the Seminary building. Today the property serves as a retirement community, Casa Claret at Dominguez Seminary as well as a center for ministry.

Translate »